Sunday, November 21, 2010

What am I devoted to?

My pastor talked today about devotion. He challenged us to think about a few things.
1) When I look at my calendar, where do I use most of my time?
2) When I look at my check book, on what do I spend most of my money?
Hard questions to ponder.
My calendar is my biggest concern. I work hard to protect my "me" time... but I don't always protect my "God and me" time. God has been calling me to a season of prayer but I find myself living that out in short bursts rather than a steady journey.
If you are reading this, can you pray for me? Can you pray that until I feel that desire to be fulfilling that season of prayer, that I will be devoted to doing it anyway. I know the heart will follow the obedience... now I need to begin following in that obedience.
"See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse— the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known." Deuteronomy 11:26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment