Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Will Give You Rest

The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:1
I need this Word today - and for my busy month to come. November is filled with work, fundraising, friends, family... And because next year I will not be living in Michigan, I do not want to miss out on single moment with a single person.
But the problem comes in that I have a limited amount of time and energy. I feel tired just looking at the month's schedule. This is where God's word to the Israelites become the focus of my thoughts. (By the way, I love how God's word to the Israelites so many years ago is timely and revelant to me today.)
When reading this passage, I often focus the words of promise "I will give you rest" but today I am focusing on the words "My Presence will go with you" and what that really means. God has to be an acknowledged (and sought after) part of my life. I have to be involved in an active relationship. I have to be spending time reading His great Word and talking with Him on a daily basis.
I have to admit, I tend to let myself be too busy and make the decision to skip my devotions for the day. Why do I skip the one thing that I need the most? That disobedience not only puts distance between my Heavenly Father and myself... but it leaves me feeling empty.
So tomorrow morning, when I want to hit snooze one more time... I will be getting up and immersing myself in reading and talking. I will make the choice to follow in obedience. I will allow God's presence to go with me fully and feel the true measure of His rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment